Mucho Mocha Muffins
This is a Guest Post from Dr. Ciara Kelly from The Irish Balance
And so here we are at recipe number THREE in my Chocolate Collection with Magic Mayan! HOW exciting is this recipe series guys – I am loving it. This time around, I had the delicious and fantastically named Mucho Mocha 73% Dark Chocolate from Magic Mayan to play with. I wanted to create a recipe that would go reaaallly nicely with a big mug of coffee or tea as we plug away through these winter months. These muffins are quick to make, easy to wrap up and take on the go, and most importantly, contain decadent chunks of melted chocolate in them. NOM. As always, a big old thank you to Magic Mayan for asking me to do this recipe collection with them – it’s an absolute joy to create tasty treats with their range! Now, let’s get baking!
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp sweetener (I use Date Syrup – alternatives could be honey/maple syrup etc)
- 1/2 cup of freshly brewed coffee
- 2/3 cup of milk of choice (I used Alpro Cashew Milk)
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 scoops of Chocolate Protein Powder (I used Nuzest)
- 200g oats, ground into flour (I use Flahavan’s Progress Oatlets)
- 1/3 cup of Magic Mayan Mucho Mocha 73% Dark Chocolate, sliced into little
- Preheat the oven to 200C (fan oven), and place cupcake liners into a baking tray.
- Blitz your oats into flour in your food processor, and tip the flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the baking powder, cacao powder and protein powder.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, and then make a little well in the centre.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl, whisk them up a bit, and then add to the dry ingredients.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients – milk, coffee and sweetener.
- Stir everything up until well-combined.
- Spoon the mixture into your cupcake liners until 3/4 full for each.
- Finally, add 4-5 little chocolate chips to each muffin!
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes approximately – check at 35, and if a toothpick comes on 99% clean, you’re good to go!
Enjoy guys! Let me know what you think of the recipe – leave a comment, send a DM, email, whatever you want! Tag me if you try these out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook, you know what to do!